- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (see note)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Preheat a grilling basket, if using.
Toss green beans with 1 tablespoon oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Place green beans in the grilling basket or directly on the grill grate and cook until crisp-tender and charred, tossing occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
Let beans cool slightly and then toss with almonds, ricotta, basil, lemon zest and juice. Drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired. Serve immediately.
To toast almonds, place in a dry skillet over medium heat and cook until fragrant and golden, shaking the pan frequently, 3 to 5 minutes.