- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and cloves
- 1 pineapple – peeled, cored and cut into 8 slices
- High-heat oil, for brushing
- 8 (2-inch) slices angel food cake (find it in the PCC Bakery)
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
Combine butter, sugar and spices until sugar is dissolved. Toss pineapple slices in butter mixture to coat; let marinate for 15 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Lightly oil the grate.
Grill cake slices, turning once, until toasted, about 2 minutes per side. Place cake on a serving platter. Grill pineapple slices until lightly browned and tender, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Top cake slices with pineapple and a dollop of whipped cream.