- 1 cup loosely packed seeded and diced green chiles (see note)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lime leaves or zest
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste (optional)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to grind to a coarse paste.
The type of chile you choose will dictate the level of heat in your curry. In this country Mexican chiles are most widely available. Choose habanero, serrano and jalapeño for more heat. Choose pasillas or even Anaheim for a milder curry. Or mix and match to your taste.