- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup roasted green chiles, peeled and seeded or 2 (4-ounce) cans mild green chiles
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds shrimp (26 to 30 count), shelled and deveined
Combine cheese and garlic in a food processor and process until blended. Add chiles, almonds, parsley, cilantro, salt, pepper and oil. Process until smooth.
In a bowl, toss shrimp with pesto. Chill, covered, for 1 hour or more.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Arrange shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through. Serve warm or at room temperature.