- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned brown rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 large head savoy cabbage
- 3 leaves collard greens
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine olive oil, vinegar, zest, juice and salt in a large serving bowl and whisk to blend.
Slice cabbage into 1/2-inch slices, then cut crosswise into bite-sized lengths. Place in the bowl with dressing.
Remove the heavy rib from collard leaves. Roll leaves tightly into a cigar shape and slice thinly. Cut across the resulting shreds to shorten the length, and add to the bowl along with grated carrots and sliced green onions.
Toss, check the balance of flavors, and add pepper to taste. Serve immediately.