- 1 large red grapefruit - peeled, cut into sections and juice reserved
- 2 avocados, cut into small cubes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound large scallops
- 1 tablespoon ghee
In a large bowl, combine grapefruit and reserved juice, avocados, green onions and mint. Add lime juice, olive oil, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
Season scallops with salt and pepper. Heat ghee over high heat in a large sauté pan. Sear scallops on one side, until deeply caramelized (about 3 minutes for larger scallops), flip over and cook for another minute or so. Serve scallops over salad.