- 2 pounds golden beets
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in thirds
- 1 bunch beet greens, washed and cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 bunch chard, ribs removed and cut into ½-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425° F. Wrap beets in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast until tender, 40 to 60 minutes. Cool completely and peel off skins. Cut beets into 1/2-inch cubes and transfer to a large bowl.
Fill a large bowl with ice water. Cook beans and greens in salted, boiling water until crisp-tender and bright green, about 2 minutes. Transfer to an ice-water bath, drain and squeeze excess water from greens; add to beets.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, honey and shallots. Slowly drizzle in oil, while whisking, to create a vinaigrette. Fold in tarragon and walnuts; season with salt and pepper. Toss vinaigrette with vegetables.