- 3/4 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil, such as sunflower or safflower
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (available in bulk)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lemon (optional)
Cut stems from green beans; either leave them whole or cut in half on a diagonal.
In a large, heavy-bottomed sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add green beans and stir fry until bright green and tender, 7 to 10 minutes, depending on how tender you like them. Turn up the heat to medium-high and continue cooking until beans begin to sizzle and brown in spots, about 2 minutes more. Add garlic and Italian seasoning; stir fry for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, if desired.