- 1 pound raw shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 head garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons pimentón (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 3 tablespoons brandy or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Sliced baguette (optional)
Peel shrimp, discarding heads and tails. Place a cast iron frying pan over a hot flame. When it’s hot, add oil and fry garlic and red pepper flakes for a few seconds. Add shrimp and cook just until they turn pink and slightly curl, about 2 minutes. Add paprika and remove shrimp.
Deglaze the pan with brandy or apple juice. Reduce to half and stir in butter until melted. Add parsley and pour sauce over shrimp.
Serve very hot, accompanied by bread if you like, to soak up the flavorful sauce.