- 2 pounds new potatoes, any variety, washed
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
- 1 sprig tarragon, leaves stripped and stem discarded
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup white or sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Optional for serving
- Summer greens (sorrel, arugula, butter lettuce, frisée)
- Smoked oysters or smoked trout
- Nicoise and Picholine olives
- Roasted red peppers
- Sugar peas in the shell, lightly blanched
- Thin slices of Walla Walla sweet onion
Cut potatoes in half or into bite-sized pieces and simmer gently in salted water for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
While potatoes are cooking, combine remaining ingredients, except oil, in the bowl of a food processor and process until blended. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a time or two. While the mixture is blending, add oil and process until relatively smooth. Pour over the warm potatoes and toss gently.
Arrange any of the optional ingredients around the perimeter of 4 plates. Place a mound of potato salad in the center of each plate.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member