- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup sliced cooked new or spring potatoes
Preheat oven to 375° F. Brush a 10- or 12-inch ovenproof skillet with oil (cast-iron is great!).
Combine flour, baking powder, salt and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Add water and oil and mix with a wooden spoon until dough comes together. Knead a few times until smooth. Roll and press the dough to fit the prepared skillet.
Heat the skillet over medium-high heat until just hot. Carefully place the flatbread in the skillet and cook until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Brush the top of the flatbread with oil, flip and turn off the heat.
Arrange pesto, cheese and vegetables on top of flatbread. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.