- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 6 slices prosciutto, chopped (optional)
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Splash of milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add prosciutto and cook until crisp, about 4 minutes. Stir in corn and garlic; cook until corn is tender, about 5 minutes.
Transfer half the corn mixture to a blender or food processor and add cheese and walnuts; pulse to combine. With the machine running, pour in 1/3 cup oil and blend until almost smooth. Add a little milk if necessary to help blend everything together. Stir in remaining corn mixture and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
Toss pasta with corn pesto in a sauté pan over low heat, adding some reserved pasta water, if needed, to help create the sauce.
Divide between four plates and top with additional Parmesan, if desired.