A colorful and crunchy slaw made with the best of fall ingredients. Serve this as a side dish or add chopped chicken or tofu for a complete meal.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons white or yellow miso
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac or cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 large Honeycrisp apples, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 bunch kale, tough stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
In a bowl, whisk together tahini, miso, orange zest and juice, garlic, sumac or cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Combine Brussels sprouts, apples, carrots, kale and raisins in a large bowl. Toss with miso-tahini dressing and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with parsley and sunflower seeds before serving.