Former PCC nutrition educator Rita Condon made this delectable mix for gifts each year.
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup whole cashews
- 1 cup walnut halves, broken in half
- 1 cup pistachio meats
- 1 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup Duchilly filberts (or other variety of hazelnuts)
- 1 cup sultana raisins
- 1 cup dried apricot halves, cut in quarters with kitchen scissors
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup dried bing cherries
- 1 cup dried apple juice or sugar-infused cranberries
Combine raw nuts on a baking sheet and roast at 300º F for 15 to 20 minutes, until nuts turn golden and fragrant. While they are baking, watch them carefully so they do not burn.
Combine dried fruit in a bowl and mix well. Add roasted nuts and mix until thoroughly combined.
Cool and store in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature, or up to 1 month in the refrigerator or freezer.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member