- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 2 whole eggs, divided
- 1 pound baking apples, cored and sliced
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons kirsch (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place 1 3/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon zest and salt in a mixing bowl; stir to combine. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until pieces are the size of peas. Add 1 egg and stir until dough is almost gathered. Press dough into a 9 1/2-inch tart pan.
Layer apples over dough in the tart pan. In a bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar and whole egg, egg yolks, kirsch, vanilla and 2 tablespoons flour. Stir in cream and pour mixture over apples.
Bake until set, about 60 minutes. Cool and dust with powdered sugar.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member