- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dried coconut
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ cup canola or other light tasting oil
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
Preheat waffle maker.
In a medium bowl, combine white flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and coconut. In a smaller bowl, combine eggs, molasses, oil and milk.
Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, mixing sparingly, until combined.
Brush waffle maker with oil or melted butter. Pour ½ cup of batter onto waffle maker, close waffle maker and bake until steam no longer escapes. Repeat until all the batter is used.