- 2 (7-gram) pouches gelatin (5 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/4 cups grass-fed whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Sliced mango, pineapple, kiwi or banana, for serving
In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand for 1 minute. Place over medium heat and stir constantly until granules are dissolved, about 3 minutes. Add milk or cream, coconut milk, sugar and vanilla. Stir over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes.
Pour mixture into 6 ramekins; sprinkle coconut on top. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 3 hours.
To serve, dip each ramekin in boiling water for a moment to loosen panna cotta. Turn onto a serving plate. Arrange sliced fruit beside each panna cotta and serve.