- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound shrimp - peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon high-heat oil
- 1/4 cup pineapple or orange juice
- 8 corn taco shells, warmed
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
To prepare pineapple salsa, toss diced pineapple, bell peppers, onions, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper together in a bowl; cover and set aside while preparing shrimp.
Combine shrimp, garlic, chipotle, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl; toss to coat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until just pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Pour juice over shrimp and reduce liquid to coat, 1 to 2 minutes.
Divide shrimp between taco shells; top with pineapple salsa and shredded lettuce.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member