- Serves: 6 to 8
- Ingredient Notes: Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- Each serving
- 460 cal
- 20g fat (4.5g sat)
- 140mg chol
- 220mg sodium
- 4g carb
- 1g fiber
- 0g sugars
- 45g protein
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (see note)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) fillet fresh salmon, skin on
Place pumpkin seeds in a food processor or blender and process until they reach the consistency of coarse cornmeal. Transfer to a bowl and add chipotle powder, herbs, olive oil, lime zest, juice, salt and pepper. Blend to form a paste. Add a little more olive oil if the consistency is a bit thick.
Spread pumpkin seed mixture generously on top of salmon fillet. (At this point you may refrigerate the salmon for up to 6 hours.)
Preheat your grill to high and place salmon, skin-side down, on the grate. Cover the grill and cook salmon until it is just done, 12 to 15 minutes. To check for doneness, slip a small knife into the center and pull apart the layers. If the flesh has become mostly opaque, the fish is done.
Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
If you like the flavor, tamari pumpkin seeds are delicious here.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member