- 2 chicken breasts - halved, boned and skinned
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- 2 oranges - zested, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsely
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or other wine vinegar
Pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap to 1/4-inch-thickness. Combine flour and garlic. Dredge chicken in flour mixture to coat.
In a large skillet, heat butter and oil. Sauté chicken until tender and browned on both sides. Remove chicken to a serving plate. Garnish with orange slices.
Add orange zest, orange juice, parsley and wine to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Add vinegar to the skillet. Reduce sauce on high heat if a thicker sauce is desired. Pour sauce over chicken.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member