- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onions
- Salt, to taste
- Butter, for pan
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup cooked and shredded chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Handful of baby spinach
In a small bowl, combine apples, lemon or lime juice, honey, onions and salt. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt a little butter to the pan. Place 1 tortilla in the pan and sprinkle it evenly with chicken, cheese and spinach. Lay remaining tortilla on top.
Cook until cheese just begins to melt and the bottom of the tortilla is golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip quesadilla over and continue to cook until cheese is completely melted and the tortilla is golden, another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with apple salsa.