- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into small cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups water, vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound buckwheat noodles, broken in half
- 1/4 pound baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine celery, carrots, potatoes, garlic, onions and water or stock in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil and add whole chicken breasts. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken and cool.
Return soup to a boil and add buckwheat noodles. Cook noodles until al dente, 7 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, shred chicken breast meat.
When noodles are cooked, return chicken to the stockpot. Stir in spinach, parsley, chives and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member