- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms - soaked, stems removed and chopped
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper, or to taste
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
- Hot broth, for serving
Mix all ingredients, except wrappers and cornstarch, well in a bowl.
Lay 1 wonton wrapper on flat surface. Brush each side with cornstarch mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into the center of wrapper. Fold wrapper into a triangle shape, press edges together to seal well then bring the two bottom corners of the triangle together, and seal with a little cornstarch mixture.
Bring water to a boil in a pot over medium-high heat. Place dumplings in boiling water until they are cooked, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and serve with hot broth.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member