- 4 ounces chèvre cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 small strips red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup prepared roasted red pepper pesto, drained well
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cornichons (optional)
- 2 to 3 ounces smoked salmon, skin and bones removed
- Baguette or crackers, for serving (optional)
In a small bowl, combine cheeses and set aside. Line another small bowl with plastic wrap (this bowl will serve as your mold for the torta). Arrange herb sprigs and red bell pepper face-down in the bottom of the bowl.
Press one third of cheese mixture on top of herbs and spread half of each of the remaining ingredients on top. Press another third of the cheese mixture on top of this, making sure it reaches the edges. Form your next layer with the rest of the filling ingredients. Press on the last of the cheese and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or up to 1 day.
To serve: Invert the torta onto a serving platter; remove the bowl and plastic wrap. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with a thinly sliced baguette or rustic crackers.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member