- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Hot cooked pasta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
Whisk together olive oil, Parmesan, lemon juice and zest in a large serving bowl. Toss with hot pasta, adding a bit of pasta water to create a smooth and creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper; garnish with basil.
Ways to mix it up:
- Try different cheeses: grated cheddar; crumbled feta, chèvre or blue cheese; sliced mozzarella or fresh ricotta
- Toss in leftover cooked ham or vegetables, add a splash of cream or half-and-half
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member