- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded aged cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (both green and white parts)
Mixture together beef, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper. Divide beef mixture into 8 portions and form into thin patties. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine cheese and green onions. Heap the filling mixture on 1 patty so it stays in the center, with a clean edge all the way around. Place the other patty on top of the fillings and press the edges together with a fork to seal.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat and lightly spray grill grates with oil. Grill to desired doneness, flipping just once during cooking.