- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup currants or golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Whisk together vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
In a serving bowl, combine carrots, apples, walnuts, currants and shallots. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.