- 3 ounces chèvre cheese or softened cream cheese
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola or Roquefort cheese
- 12 firm-ripe figs
- Balsamic vinegar, for brushing
- Sugar, for sprinkling
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 12 slices baguette, toasted
- Grated orange zest, for garnish
- Thyme sprigs, for garnish
Combine cheeses and set aside.
Preheat broiler to high.
Cut the stem end off figs and cut each fig into 3 slices lengthwise. Lay slices on a sheet pan. Brush with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper. Broil until bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes. Don’t over cook.
Spoon or pipe cheese mixture onto baguette slices and top each with 3 slices of fig. Sprinkle with orange zest and garnish with thyme sprigs.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member