- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons high-heat oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes and sour cream, for serving
Fold cilantro and lime juice into cooked rice; season with salt.
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook onions, bell peppers and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Add beans, cumin, oregano and paprika; heat through.
Divide rice between four bowls. Top with bean mixture, avocado slices, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.