- 1 (12-ounce) package buckwheat noodles
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 mango – peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
Cook noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water, according to package directions, until al dente. Rinse under cool water and drain; set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, lime juice, honey and garlic. Slowly whisk in oils; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss noodles with dressing to coat. Add mango, cucumber, basil, mint, onion and peanuts; mix gently.
For a complete meal, add cooked and sliced tofu, chicken or steak.