- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and scored with an X in each stem (to promote even cooking)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh oregano or parsley, for garnish
In a saucepan, bring lemon juice, water and oil to a boil over medium-high heat. Add sprouts, oregano and bay leaf. Simmer uncovered until tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Discard bay leaf.
Toss with lemon zest, vinegar, salt and pepper. Garnish with oregano or parsley.