- 1 pound asparagus, woody stems snapped off and bias cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (roughly 3 tablespoons of juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 4 cups bitter green of choice, chopped small and using only tender stems
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese (not shredded)
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Place asparagus onto a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper and toss well to mix. Spread out evenly on the pan and roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly cooked.
Remove from the oven and add lemon juice, Dijon mustard and onion; toss well. Place atop greens and toss well to combine. Serve on a platter or individual plates garnished with cheese curls, using a vegetable peeler to create curls.