- Serves: 4
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Corn-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- 1 pound red beets, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Place beets and potatoes in a large pot with enough cold water to cover; salt water to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Drain potatoes and beets and return to the pot. Shake them over medium heat to evaporate any remaining liquid. Pass through a ricer or mash. Stir in sour cream, butter, caraway seeds and season with salt and pepper.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member