- 4 large beets (2 1/2 pounds)
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup chopped salted pistachios
- 1 tart apple, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375° F.
In a baking dish, lightly drizzle beets and thyme with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast until beets are tender, about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Let cool, then peel beets and cut them into 3/4-inch dice.
In a large bowl, whisk vinegar with mustard. Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup oil until emulsified. Add horseradish and season with salt and pepper; toss with beets and pistachios. Transfer beets to a platter, top with apple slices and serve.