- Serves: 6
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Vegan, Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free
- 2 Texas Rio grapefruits
- Washed greens such as spinach, watercress or arugula
- 1/3 cup prepared orange salad dressing
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced in thin wedges (tossed in some fresh lime juice to keep their color)
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1 small or 1/2 large jicama or 1 daikon radish, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- A sprinkle of chopped cilantro (optional)
Trim the peel off grapefruits so that no pith remains. Thinly slice the whole grapefruit perpendicular to the navel, about 1/4 inch, so the individual segments are all visible. The slices will look somewhat like wagon wheels.
Toss greens with half the dressing. On a nice platter or individual plates, lay a thin bed of greens; arrange grapefruit, avocado and jicama in an aesthetically pleasing way.
Drizzle remaining dressing on top of salad. Sprinkle with almonds and a little cilantro.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member