- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 to 24 asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces and tough ends removed
- 1 cup chopped raw hazelnuts
- 4 to 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Grated Parmesan cheese and basil leaves, for serving (optional)
In a large, heavy sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat until the surface begins to move. Stir-fry asparagus and hazelnuts for 4 to 6 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp-tender and jade green. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
Toss in white beans, basil, salt and pepper and heat through. Squeeze in lemon juice and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
If desired, garnish with grated Parmesan and whole, fresh basil leaves.