- 3 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil, divided
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 pounds asparagus, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweetened rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces edamame, shelled
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat wok with 1 tablespoon oil and sauté mushrooms until they start to brown. Remove from the pan. Add remaining oil and sesame oil. Sauté asparagus until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove asparagus from the pan.
Heat mirin in the wok until reduced by half. Add lemon juice, tamari and water; bring to a boil until the sauce is slightly thickened. Add edamame, then return asparagus and mushrooms to the pan and toss to blend. Season with salt and serve.