- 3 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil, divided
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 pounds asparagus, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweetened rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces edamame, shelled
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat wok with 1 tablespoon oil and sauté mushrooms until they start to brown. Remove from the pan. Add remaining oil and sesame oil. Sauté asparagus until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove asparagus from the pan.
Heat mirin in the wok until reduced by half. Add lemon juice, tamari and water; bring to a boil until the sauce is slightly thickened. Add edamame, then return asparagus and mushrooms to the pan and toss to blend. Season with salt and serve.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member