- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound asparagus, woody ends removed and spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced onions or shallots (optional)
- 4 eggs
- Splash of milk
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast, for serving (optional)
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and onions or shallots, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Cover with a lid and let asparagus cook until just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl beat together eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
Pour egg mixture into the skillet and stir with a wooden spoon until eggs are set. Serve immediately with toast.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member