- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound pencil-thin asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
In a small bowl, combine cheese, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Spread ricotta mixture evenly on toasts and top with asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.