- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends removed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios
- 1 lemon, juiced (2 to 3 tablespoons)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Blanch or steam asparagus until al dente and still green. Refresh in cool water. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces and place in a food processor. Add garlic, pistachios, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Pulse the processor to make sure mixture is not over-mixed while gradually adding olive oil. Process until desired consistency.