- 1 cup emmer farro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced (see note)
- 1 tablespoon Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus additional for the pan
- 1 pound asparagus, tough stems removed and stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
Bring farro, 5 cups water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer until tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, juice, vinegar, mustard, honey and garlic. Drizzle in oil while whisking to create an emulsified vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook asparagus and peas until just barely crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, gently toss together cooked farro, vinaigrette, asparagus and peas, almonds, cheese and mint. Serve at room temperature.
Meyer lemons are unavailable, substitute regular lemons.