- 1 cup emmer farro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced (see note)
- 1 tablespoon Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus additional for the pan
- 1 pound asparagus, tough stems removed and stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
Bring farro, 5 cups water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer until tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, juice, vinegar, mustard, honey and garlic. Drizzle in oil while whisking to create an emulsified vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook asparagus and peas until just barely crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, gently toss together cooked farro, vinaigrette, asparagus and peas, almonds, cheese and mint. Serve at room temperature.
Meyer lemons are unavailable, substitute regular lemons.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member