- 1 1/2 cups pistachios
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough stems removed and stalks sliced in thirds
- 3 cups spring greens
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into bite-size pieces
Toast pistachios on a baking sheet in a 350º F oven for about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil. Blanch asparagus until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Lift out and place in a bowl of ice water to cool, then drain. Dress greens with 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper and place on serving plates.
In a food processor, finely grind 1 cup pistachios. Set aside. Add shallots, lemon juice, vinegar and salt to the processor; pulse to combine. Slowly add remaining olive oil until emulsified. Add ground pistachios; pulse to combine.
Dress asparagus with enough vinaigrette to coat well and place on the greens. Top with prosciutto and the 1/2 cup remaining whole pistachios.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member