- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1/2 pound baby bok choy, stems trimmed and leaves washed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound asparagus, tough stems removed and stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add milk, salt and pepper; whisk until well combined. Fold in green onions.
Heat oils in a large cast-iron or ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in bok choy, garlic and ginger and cook until leaves start to wilt, about 2 minutes. Add asparagus and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Evenly distribute vegetables in the pan and pour egg mixture on top. Cook the frittata, without stirring, on the stovetop until the edges start to set, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to the oven and cook until firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle with sesame oil before serving, if desired.