- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil
- 2 quarts cubed apples
- 1 minced serrano pepper (1 to 2 tablespoons, depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (skin left on)
- 2 cups agave syrup
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a large saucepan, sauté shallots in oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minuts. Add remaining ingredients, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, uncover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until thick. Stir frequently toward the end to prevent scorching. Chill and serve at room temperature.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member