- 3 heads baby bok choy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons safflower or sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cut bok choy in half, lengthwise, removing core and any bruised leafy tops. Rinse each half thoroughly and slice crosswise into thin strips. Rinse in a colander and shake out the water.
In a bowl, mix lemon juice, oil and ginger. Toss with apples, carrots and bok choy. Add salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. Toss and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.