Bitter arugula and tart apples are paired with a cider vinaigrette in this light and crisp side salad.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 to 4 tablespoons oil, or to taste (see note)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 large sweet-tart apples, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
In a small bowl, mix together, vinegar, cider, mustard and honey. Drizzle in oil while mixing to create an emulsified vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine arugula and apples. Toss with dressing to coat and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.
Try roasted walnut oil for extra nutty flavor.