Nature's Path: an organic pioneer
This article was originally published in February 2016
Stand up and take a bow, PCC shoppers! Simply by purchasing Nature’s Path organic cereals and snack foods from PCC in 2015, you collectively kept 2,740 acres in organic production. You prevented the use of 116,544 pounds of synthetic fertilizer and 1,805 pounds of chemical pesticides. That’s one accomplishment worth celebrating!
Here’s another: Nature’s Path has been staying true to organic principles — upholding the highest standards in the industry — for more than 30 years. It has been a loyal advocate for the highest food production standards all along the way.
Nature’s Path’s mission to “always leave the earth better than we found it” guides everything it does — from securing the organic supply chain to supporting a wide range of environmental and social causes.
More reasons to love Nature’s Path
- Since 2008 it has acquired 6,600 acres of organic farmland in Saskatchewan and Montana, which is farmed as part of a crop-share agreement.
- The company pledged $2 million toward the 24-hectare University of British Columbia Farm to help preserve the last farm within Vancouver’s city limits.
- It’s committed to becoming Zero Waste by diverting 99 percent of its waste from landfills, as well as to becoming Carbon Neutral by 2020.
- The company gives more than $2 million a year to food banks, the PCC Farmland Trust, and a range of wildlife and environmental conservation groups such as the Jane Goodall Institute.
Always leave the soil better than you found it.
— Rupert Stephens, father of Nature’s Path Founder Arran Stephens
Nature’s Path top-sellers at PCC
- Cornflakes cereal — Naturally gluten-free, made of pure cornmeal and lightly sweetened with concentrated fruit juice.
- Rice Puffs cereal — Just crunchy puffed brown rice with no added sweeteners.
- Kamut Puffs cereal — Just crunchy whole-grain kamut with no added sweeteners.
- Heritage Flakes cereal — Blend of ancient grains, including wheat, barley, quinoa and spelt, lightly sweetened with honey and cane sugar.
- Mesa Sunrise cereal — Gluten-free and wheat-free medley of Indian corn, flax and amaranth blended into crunchy cereal flakes, sweetened with cane sugar.
- Buckwheat Wildberry frozen waffles — Gluten-free blend of buckwheat and sweet rice flour; studded with berries.
- Chia Plus frozen waffles — Gluten-free, with omega-3-rich chia seeds.
PCC shoppers especially love to buy the Eco Pacs of cereals, which offer more cereal for your money.