- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- Zest of 1 lemon, cut into long strips
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 whole star anise
- 3 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 bottle dry riesling or viognier
- 3/4 cup Muscat de Rivesaltes, or Finnriver Spirited Apple Wine
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 tangerine, sliced thin
Bring water, honey, lemon zest and juice, star anise, cardamom pods, ginger and cloves to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
To serve warm: Add both wines and pear and tangerine slices to the spice mixture. Continue to heat until just warm. To serve cold: Cool spice mixture to room temperature and mix with wines and fruit; serve over ice.