- 1 pound winter squash – peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 apple – halved, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 egg yolk plus 1 tablespoon water (for egg wash)
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Toss squash with oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add apples and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; toss with squash and blue cheese.
Place pie crust flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Mound squash mixture in the middle of crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold border over filling, pleating the edge (the center will be open). Brush edges with egg wash.
Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into wedges before serving.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member