- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks – sliced lengthwise, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and leaves sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed and leaves sliced
- 1 cup tightly packed baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Fontina cheese
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes. Stir in kale, chard, spinach, oregano, thyme and red pepper flakes. Cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and a splash of vinegar.
Make four small wells in greens mixture and carefully crack an egg into each well; sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake until desired doneness of eggs is reached, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.